How to Refer a Patient
What physicians and case managers should know
Physicians and case managers may not be aware that Medicare requires that only 60% of acute patients have a CMS-13 diagnosis, which are:
- Brain injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Congenital deformity
- Hip fracture
- Joint Replacements
- Major multiple trauma
- Multiple fracture
- Neurological disorders
- Multiple sclerosis
- Motor neuron disease
- Critical illness myopathy/polyneuropathy
- Parkinson’s disease
- Guillain Barré
- Systemic vasculidities with joint inflammation
- Active rheumatoid arthritis, Psoriatic Arthritis, Seronegative Arthropathies
- Severe or Advanced Osteoarthritis
Other rehabilitation diagnoses and conditions doctors and case managers should consider for rehabilitation may include diagnoses such as:
- Immune Deficiency Diseases
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm
- Cardiac conditions such as
- Coronary artery bypass graft (CABG)
- Congestive heart failure (CHF)
- Myocardial infarction (MI)
- Orthopedic injuries
- Respiratory failure
- Wound care
- Conditions affecting mobility, activities of daily living (ADL’s), swallowing or cognition/thinking abilities
- Late effects from previous neurological injury or illness, i.e. brain injury, stroke or spinal cord injury
- Other conditions or complications
To make a referral or for more information, contact our admissions department at 281 276-7584 or [email protected]. You will be put in contact with one of our rehabilitation liaisons to perform a pre-admission screening and coordinate transfer to our hospital.
By demonstrating compliance with The Joint Commission’s national standards for healthcare quality and safety, our hospital is accredited by The Joint Commission.
See Our Hospital
Join us for a virtual tour of our hospital where you will see our patient rooms, exercise facilities, and more. You can also set up a personal tour by calling our hospital.
When I got to HealthSouth, it was like everyone was there to help me.
Get in Touch with Us
Contact us to learn more about our rehabilitation programs or to set up a tour at our hospital.